zucchini and chickpea fritters
RECIPE: Zucchini fritters with chickpea flour and my parsley pod. -Makes 10
3 zucchini’s - medium size and grated coarsely
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
2 free range egg
1 parsley frozen pod. Defrost in microwave for 30 seconds (recipe below) - optional
1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
1/2 cup grapeseed oil.
salt and pepper to taste
1. Squeeze the excess liquid out of the grated zucchini so it is dry. Place In a medium sized bowl with the rest of the ingredients and gently mix through until combined. Get a plate with paper towel ready.
2. I'm a large frypan add in the grapeseed oil. Bring to a medium / high heat and use a tablespoon to dollop approximately 10 round fritters into frypan. Fry for a few minutes on either side until golden brown. Total time to cook is approx 6-8 minutes.
3. Drain a paper towel and then serve with a little extra sea salt. .
RECIPE: Parsley Gremolata makes 6-8 frozen pods.
2 bunch flat leaf parsley washed and dried. Stalks chopped off (freeze to flavour soups). Roughly chopped into 4’s
2 - 3 garlic cloves
1 Lemon - juice and zest
80 ml olive oil
1 ‘good’ pinch of sea salt and pepper
1. In a food processor pulse 1/2 the parsley then add the next lot of parsley with the garlic cloves and pulse about 6 times.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse 6 - 8 times until smooth.
3. Freeze into ice cube trays (approximately 2 full teaspoons into each cube, will give you 6)