white peach and passionfruit pavlova
RECIPE: Donna Hay’s no-fail pavlova - feeds 8-10 people
225ml eggwhite (about 6 eggs)+
1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch) get the gluten free one
1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 150C. Place the egg white in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until each addition is dissolved before adding more++.
- Once all the sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and whisk for a further 10–15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Place the cornflour and vinegar in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the egg white mixture and whisk for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Pile spoonfuls of the meringue onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using a spatular spatula shape into a circle. Reduce tempreature to 120C and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Leave pavlova in oven until completely cool.