Stoneground pasta with kale, bacon and pinenuts
We love making pasta. Especially when it's world pasta day
300g Organic stoneground spaghetti
1 brown onion sliced
2 cloves of garlic crushed
3 stems of kale. Tear into pieces and discard the stem.
6 rashers of bacon diced
1 cup of roasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons of parmesan
1. Boil water with salt and oil for pasta to go in. Cook pasta as directed on packet.
2. Fry up bacon until crispy and set aside.
3. Use the same fry pan as bacon to fry onion and crushed garlic,. Then set aside until pasta is ready.
4. When pasta is cooked put fry pan on medium/high and add pasta directly into fry pan with kale other cooked elements. Add two cups of pasta water and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and quickly stir through.
6. Distribute into bowls, sprinkle pine nuts and parmesan on top.