ROASTED NECTARINES WITH ROSE WATER AND MASCArPONE CREAM
RECIPE: Roasted nectarine with rose water mascarpone - serves 4.
2 large nectarines (or 3 small) - sliced into wedges
2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
3/4 cup thickened cream
1 tablespoon of mascarpone
2 tablespoons of rose water
2 teaspoons of pomegranate molasses
1/3 cup pistachio's - chopped
1 punnet raspberries - 3 per glass
Rose petals to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 180C and add nectarine wedges to a lined baking tray.
- Spread the vanilla bean paste over all of the nectarines.
- Roast nectarines for 20 minutes on 180C
- While the nectarine's are roasting, whip the thickened cream into soft peaks.
- Add the mascarpone and rose water to whipped cream and stir.
- When nectarines are done, leave to cool for 10 minutes then you can start your layering.
- To Layer in martini glasses or any shallow glass: 1 large dollop of mascarpone cream, 1/2 a teaspoon of pomegranate molasses on top of cream, then 4 wedges of nectarine (try to build them up high), a sprinkle of pistachio's, add the raspberries and another small dollop of mascarpone cream. Put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
NOTE: Do these ahead of time and have them ready in the fridge.