Roasted cauliflower and garlic soup
RECIPE: Roasted cauliflower and garlic soup
1 whole head of garlic - cut in half
1 onion - chopped in quarters
500 ml milk
500ml chicken stock or I used left over 'roast' stock
salt and pepper to taste
To serve: cream and or truffle oil.
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and sit the cauliflower on it.
2. Drizzle olive oil and salt over the cauliflower and cover it with baking paper, then foil so it holds paper down. Roast for 1 hour basting the olive oil on base of tray twice throughout the hour.
3. After 1 hour add whole head of garlic, cut in half, and sliced onion. Pour some olive oil over garlic and cook for another 30 minutes.
4. Saute onion with ghee in a frypan until translucent and set aside.
5. Let cool. Roughly chop cauliflower, squeeze out the roasted garlic and add onion, to a blender and blitz till smooth. I prefer my soup with texture, but for a silky smooth texture, pass through a sieve.
6. Transfer to a saucepan, add the milk, stock, salt and pepper to taste (i use 2 large pinches of salt)
Serve with a little cream.
NOTE: Always save you r Roast dinner stock. Pass through sieve and freeze for soups.