ROAST LAMB & vegetables
RECIPE: Roast Lamb with sweet potato and cannelloni beans - Serves 4 - 6
1.5kg leg of lamb
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
salt and pepper
3 x sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 cloves of garlic - slice in half
1 leek - chopped into 2cm rounds
1 large sweet potato - sliced into 2cm rounds
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 x 400g can of cannellini beans - rinse and drain.
1. Leave lamb out for 30 minutes before roasting. Preheat oven to 180C
2. With a sharp knife, cut 8 incisions over the top of the lamb and insert garlic cloves and pieces of rosemary into each incision. Leave sprigs of rosemary sticking out of the lamb. Place in a baking tray with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season and bake for 40 minutes. Remove lamb carefully to a plate.
3. In the baking tray add leek, sweet potato and season. Mix together.
4. Place lamb on top of vegetables then cover lamb with remaining oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Add 2 cups of water to the tray and place the lamb and vegetables in the oven. Roast for another 40 minutes.
6. Take out of oven. Remove lamb and put into another dish and rest for 15-20 minutes, covered loosely with foil.
7. Add the tomatoes and left over sprig of rosemary to tray of vegetables and put back into oven for 10 minutes, then add the canelleini beans for a further 5 minutes. Stir vegetables through and serve with lamb.
If you prefer using a meat thermometer a medium lamb should be 70C! (A really good utensil to have in the kitchen)