PORK FILLET WITH SAGE AND CRANBERRY
500g Pork fillet - sliced into 1.5 cm medallions
1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
1 brown onion diced
300ml of chicken stock (or if you freeze the left over juices from a roast put this in, sauce will be AMAZING)
2 tablespoons and lingonberry or cranberry suace
1 cup cranberries - frozen and whole
1/3 cup thickened cream
1/3 cup sage chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- In a hot pan, put grape seed oil and brown each side of the pork medallions. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the chicken stock (or reserved juices from a roast) and bring to the boil
- While simmering add the cranberries and cream. Reduce sauce by half. Will take 5-8 minutes
- Once sauce coats the back of a spoon add the chopped sage, pork and a good pinch of salt.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes or until your pork is cooked through and serve with brown rice.