strawberry, rhubarb and ginger crumble
RECIPE: Strawberry, rhubarb and ginger crumble - serves 4
refined sugar free
1 bunch of rhubarb
1 punnet of strawberries
2cm ginger grated
1 tablespoon of honey
1 orange zest and juice
70g unsalted butter softened
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup flaked almonds
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
4 teaspoons of honey for each ramekin
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease 4 ramekins.
2. Wash and cut rhubarb into 5cm pieces. Hull strawberries and half if large. Evenly spread rhubarb, strawberries onto the baking tray. Then add ginger, honey, zest and juice of orange. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. For the crumble combine oats, flaked almonds, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and butter. Use your fingers to pinch mixture and create breadcrumbs.
4. Evenly distribute rhubarb and strawberries with all the juices into four ramekins and pack crumble mixture evenly on top. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey on top of each ramekin and put on bottom shelf of oven to cook for 20 minutes.
5. Serve with coconut yoghurt or mascarpone
NOTE: The rhubarb and strawberry mixture is also perfect on top of your oats for breakfast.