Almond and chocolate cake
RECIPE: Almond and Chocolate Cake
250g almond meal
250g 55% dark chocolate buttons
200g coconut sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon of cocoa unsweetened
50g butter room temprature
1/2 cup of water
1. Pre heat oven to 160C fan force. Grease and line with parchment paper a 24cm round spring form cake tin
2. Put chocolate buttons in a food processor and blitz until fine crumb like texture is achieved.
3. Add almond meal and chocolate to a large bowl and combine with coconut sugar, baking powder and cocoa.
4. In a separate bowl mix the water, butter and eggs together then add to the dry mixture. Combine and pour into the cake tin.
5. Cook for 1 hour on the bottom shelf.
6. Let cool and serve. Store in airtight container in the fridge.