STUFFED ZUCCHINI WITH CAPERS AND PARSLEY
RECIPE: Stuffed Zucchini
4 small zucchinis - I used 'Magda' zucchinis
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 1/2 cups of parsley (packed in) - then chopped finely
1/4 cup Lilliput capers - smaller size capers
3/4 cup roasted capsicum - diced (you can buy roasted capsicum in jars or do them yourself)
1/2 cup pecorino cheese - grated (1/2 amount for the mixture and 1/2 to sprinkle on top)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice from 1/2 the lemon
2 tablespoons of olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Half zucchinis and scoop out the centre with a teaspoon. Be sure not to break the skin or the juices will leak out.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, BUT only half the amount of pecorino. (Reserve half for sprinkling on to zucchinis towards end of cook).
- Drizzle the oil all over the stuffed zucchinis and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take tray out and sprinkle leftover pecorino and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
NOTE: the leftover zucchini that was scooped can be sauteed with similiar ingredients and served with pasta for a quick meal.