chicken noodle soup
RECIPE: CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH MY PRE-MADE CHICKEN BROTH - 10 minute meal.
500ml homemade chicken broth
80g noodles. I used Ramen noodles
2 carrots - diced into small squares
1 handful of parsley
1/2 lemon juice
1 tablespoon of grated parmesan to serve
Salt and peper to taste
1. Put carrots into a bowl of water a microwave for 10 minutes or in simmering water to cook through. Don't make too soft. You still want a little crunch.
2. Put defrosted chicken broth and 1 cup of water into a saucepan on medium heat. When it comes to the boil add the noodles for 3 minutes.
4. Add cooked carrots to broth and noddles, salt and pepper. Serve topped with parsley and parmesan
INGREDIENTS for CHICKEN BONE BROTH:
1 whole chicken
2 onion - chopped into quarter's
3 carrots - chopped roughly
1 potato - peeled and cut in half
4 celery stalk's - chopped roughly
2 garlic cloves - whole
1 teaspoon of tomato paste
3 bay leaves - fresh
1 tablespoon of salt
1. In a large saucepan, put 2 tablespoon's of water and put in onion's, carrot's, celery and garlic. Stir for 5 minutes and then add the whole chicken and bay leaves. Add 7 litres of water and put lid on and bring to the boil. Then bring down to a simmer with lid off. Simmer for 2.5 - 3 hours.
2. Let cool, use a sieve to separate liquid to the vegetables and shred chicken. Decanter liquid and shredded chicken into container's. Should get 7-8 container's. Then freeze.