nectarine galette with orange blossom water
RECIPE: Nectarine Galette with orange blossom water and almond butter - serves 6
Shortcrust pastry @caremepastry
1 tablespoon almond butter
3 ripe peaches (great to use up those over ripe peaches) cut into wedges.
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
4 tablespoons of coconut cream. Just get the top put of tin (not the bottom watery part)
2 teaspoons of orange blossom water (most supermarkets have this)
1 handful of Thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 180C and roll out a circle of pastry to 22-23cm on baking paper.
2. Spread the almond butter onto pastry. But leave 3cm from edge of pastry.
3. Put peaches onto pastry in a circular pattern 3 cm in from the edge off pastry. Then fold in the the edges of the pastry to wrap the edges of nectarine. Like pic.
4. Mix together to coconut oil, coconut cream and orange blossom water.
5. Put pastry into the oven and cook for 50 minutes or until pastry is lightly golden. As the galette is cooking get the basting mixture and coat the nectarine’s 3 times with a pastry/basting brush throughout the cooking process.
6. When cooked, bast one last time before serving and sprinkle Thyme over the top.
Note: If you need to have it diary free add Mascarpone or vanilla bean ice-cream for a yummy easy dessert.