Miso Steak with eggplant and ginger
This only took 10 minutes…YES 10 minutes and was bursting with flavour.
400g Rump steak or Sirloin steak. Diced into 3cm pieces.
2 tablespoons of Miso paste
2 tablespoons of mirin
2 whole eggplants
4 cm piece of ginger sliced into matchsticks
2 tablespoons of sesame oil (1 tbl for frying ginger. 1 tbl for plating up.)
1 handful of coriander for garnish
1. Put two whole eggplants in a microwave safe container with lid and in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. (Or in oven on 180C for 30-40 minutes)
2. Put ginger into a frypan with sesame oil until golden. Put aside.
3. Stir miso paste with mirin and coat the steak with paste. Put into the same pan as the ginger on high heat and sizzle for 3 mins stirring to sear all the sides. Turn off heat and leave meat in pan until ready to serve. (This is for meat to be medium)
4. Slice eggplants in half and scoop soft eggplant straight onto plate.
5. Put steak on top of eggplant, sprinkle ginger on top. Sprinkle with coriander and a little sesame oil.