Mint, pea and feta frittata
RECIPE: Zucchini + mint frittata with bacon crumbs
3 zucchini's quartered + diced
50g pecorino grated
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
80g sheep's milk feta
1 cup thickened cream
1 cup milk
4 bacon rashers diced
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 27cm round ceramic (oven proof) dish
2. Sprinkle grated pecorino over dish.
3. Evenly cover dish with diced zucchini, peas, crumbled feta and then add the mint.
4. Add eggs, milk and cream, salt + pepper into a bowl and whisk. Pour evenly over dish and make sure ingredients are covered with egg mixture.
5. Put on bottom shelf of oven and cook for 35mins - 40mins
6. Put bacon onto a tray with grease proof paper and put on top shelf to crisp up. When really crisp let cool for 5 mins then blend into tiny crumbs.
7. Sprinkle bacon crumbs over cooked frittata.
This is great for lunches the next day. Can be eaten hot or cold. Is gluten free. And best of all has green veges in it!