grain/yeast free bread
RECIPE: Grain/ Yeast Free Bread - This is a great GAPS Diet friendly substitute for bread.
150g raw or activated cashew nuts
150g raw or activated macadamia nuts
25 g coconut oil
4 lge eggs separated
1/2 teaspoon of honey or rice malt syrup
2.5 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
35g coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150C fan forced
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and baking paper
- Place nuts and coconut oil into a processor or thermomix and blend until smooth
- Add egg yolks and blend
- Add honey, vinegar and milk. Mix to combine. scrap into a bowl.
- Use a beater to whip egg whites until stiff peaks form and combine into nut mix in 3 stages with a spatular.
- Place batter into loaf tin and cook for 40-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Let cool and serve.
NOTE: Keep in fridge or cut into slices and freeze slices. This is not suitable to eat all in one day. It's a nut base, so having this moderation is key.