fish in a bag
RECIPE: Fish in a bag - serves 2
2 x 200g white perch fillets
1 small fennel - sliced thinly from base of fennel to get whole rounds. You will need 4 rounds. Keep fronds for garnish
1/2 leek thinly sliced into rounds. White part only.
4 lemon slices. Rounds deseeded
1 parsley pod cut in half. (If you don't have my parsley pods, add 1/2 bunch of finely chopped parsley, lemon zest to each bag.)
1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes - approx. 5 cherry tomatoes to each bag
salt and pepper
1/2 cup fresh garden peas podded. Can use frozen peas that have been blanched in boiling water for 1 minute.
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Get 2 pieces of parchment paper, 40cm in length. Fold each piece in half.
2. Open them up and on one side, closest to the fold. Place 2 fennel rounds onto each parchment side by side. It should be the length of the fish.
3. For each parchment evenly spread 1 layer of leek over the fennel rounds. Then 2 slices of lemon side by side on top of the leek. Then place fish onto the lemon slices.
4. Place half the parsley pod onto each fish, scatter 5 or so cherry tomatoes around each of the fish and drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over each fish, season with salt and pepper.
5. Pull top of parchment paper over the fish to join the edges of the bottom side. And from one end fold the parchment sides to seal in the fish. It will form a semi circle.
6. Place on baking tray and put into oven for 15 - 20 minutes. This will depend on the thickness of the fish so you will need to check.
7. Once cooked, divide half the podded peas to each bag and garnish with fennel fronds. (If you prefer peas cooked. Pop into boiling water (from kettle) for 2 minutes, covered)