Fettuccine with basil pesto
You can double recipe when basil is in season and freeze. Will last for 4 months.
2 cups basil leaves, washed and dried.
3 cloves garlic
250 ml extra virgin olive oil
70 grams roasted pine nuts
100 grams parmesan, grated
salt & pepper to taste
1. Put garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Place the basil in food processor and pulse until a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the oil. Pulse until just mixed then add the pine nuts and parmesan.
4. Pulse until combined then blitz to the desired consistency. Try and keep pesto nice and textured.
Use what you need and freeze the rest. Wrap into a log with baking paper, then put into an airtight container or freezer bag.
RECIPE - Pesto pasta. Serve’s two.
200g fettuccine pasta
1 cup of pesto
1 tablespoon of parmesan on top
1. Put pasta into salted boiling water with oil. Cook for time directed on packet.
2. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
3. Put back into the saucepan one low heat.
4. Add pasta water, pesto and cream. Stir through.
5. Serve with parmesan, pine nuts and a little olive oil on top.
Should have a meal in 15 minutes flat, if you have pesto in the freezer ready to go