Festive chocolate flourless cake
RECIPE: Festive chocolate flourless cake
250g almond meal
250g 55% dark chocolate buttons
200g coconut sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon of cocoa unsweetened
50g butter room temperature
1/2 cup of water
FROSTING for the centre
1 tin coconut cream (leave tin in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight before using)
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon honey
pinch of sea salt
150g 56% chocolate buttons
1. Pre heat oven to 160C fan force. Grease and line with parchment paper 2 x 8” round cake tins
2. Put chocolate buttons in a food processor and blitz until fine crumb like texture is achieved.
3. Add almond meal and chocolate to a large bowl and combine with coconut sugar, baking powder and cocoa.
4. In a separate bowl mix the water, butter and eggs together then add to the dry mixture. Combine and pour into the cake tin.
5. Cook for 25 minutes on the bottom shelf. Let cool for 15 minutes before turning them out on a board.
6. For the coconut cream centre scoop out the white thick cream from coconut cream. should be half the tin and mix with the cocoa, honey and sea salt. Spread evenly on the top of one cake and put into the fridge to set slightly for 10 minutes. Take out and place the other cake gently on top.
7. Simmer 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and sit a heat proof bowl on top of saucepan. Put in chocolate buttons and melt gently. Let cool for 5 minutes in bowl and slowly pour melted chocolate in the centre of the cake and gently spread over the top letting some drizzle down the sides.
8. Serve with a delicate wreath of greenery such as lavender or rosemary and serve.
Merry Christmas x