These delicate, melt in your mouth shortbreads are always so yummy. Such a cute gift to give this time of the year.
100g Pistachio’s no shell
100g dried cranberries
40g rice flour
60g caster sugar
250g unsalted butter - cubed
300g plain flour (spelt flour works well)
1. In a food processor / blender use the pulse setting to chop raw pistachios and set aside.
2. Put dried cranberries into the food processor / blender and pulse. Set aside with pistachio’s
3. Add caster sugar and butter into the food processor and blend until pale in colour.
4. Add rice flour and flour to food processor and blend together.
5. Pour out into a bowl and add the pistachio’s and cranberries.
6. Knead together until all the cranberries and pistachio’s are evenly distributed
7. Pour onto floured bench, half dough and roll into 5cm diameter rolls.
8. Wrap in glad wrap or baking paper and refrigerate for one hour
9. Turn oven onto 160 degrees fan-forced once shortbread has been in the fridge for 45 minutes.
10. Slice shortbread rolls into 1cm rounds using a sharp knife.
11. Place on two baking trays and bake for 15 minutes or until rounds start to brown.
NOTES: I always make double, leave rolls in the freezer and bake as I need them. Literally takes 10 minutes to slice and cook. Will last in freezer for 3 months.
This is a Thermomix recipe that I have converted. So if you have a thermo search Christmas cranberry and pistachio shortbread with white chocolate