Chicken thigh cutlets with fennel, potatoes and herbs
We love a good one dish dinner!
8 x chicken thigh cutlets with skin on
1 x fennel bulb - just the white section sliced and keep fronds for garnish
500g x chat potatoes - whole - small size
1/2 cup capers
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 orange - juice and zest
4 garlic - crushed
1 cup water
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper
Garnish with tarragon and marjoram or oregano
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan force.
2. Use a large baking dish and put in chicken thigh cutlets, sliced fennel and whole chat potatoes.
4. In a bowl mix capers, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, orange juice and zest, garlic, water and white wine.
5. Mix and pour over chicken and vegetables. Add salt and pepper.
6. Cover tray with baking paper first then foil. Put into the oven for 1 hour, take baking paper and foil off. Bake for another 20 mins for the chicken skin to crisp up.
8. spread over fennel fronds, herbs and serve. You can serve as is or with brown rice / cous cous / quinoa
NOTE: You can make this the day before, though leave out potatoes, water and wine and add when ready to put into the oven. The flavour is amazing after a day of marinating. Put the water in just before you cook it. Freeze the leftover juice and add it to your next roast dinner! YUM. ENJOY x