Chicken, corn and risoni soup
With chicken broth base
RECIPE: Chicken, corn and risoni soup.
This is part of my chicken broth base that I make in large batches, freeze then take out and add different ingredients for quick delicious meals.
INGREDIENTS for CHICKEN BONE BROTH:
1 whole chicken
2 onion - chopped into quarter's
3 carrots - chopped roughly
1 potato - peeled and cut in half
4 celery stalk's - chopped roughly
2 garlic cloves - whole
1 teaspoon of tomato paste
3 bay leaves - fresh
1 tablespoon of salt
1. In a large saucepan, put 2 tablespoon's of water and put in onion's, carrot's, celery and garlic. Stir for 5 minutes and then add the whole chicken and bay leaves. Add 7 litres of water and put lid on and bring to the boil. Then bring down to a simmer with lid off. Simmer for 2.5 - 3 hours.
2. Let cool, use a sieve to separate liquid to the vegetables and shred chicken. Decanter liquid and shredded chicken into container's. Should get 7-8 container's. Then freeze.
INGREDIENTS for CHICKEN AND CORN SOUP WITH RISSONI:
1 container (approx 500ml) container of chicken broth
1 fresh corn cob - kernels sliced off
1 cup of risoni pasta
1/2 fresh coriander leaves
salt and pepper
1. Boil salted water for pasta and cook pasta for time on packet
2. Gently heat the broth and chicken, corn kernels for 10 minutes
3. Turn heat off, add cooked risoni pasta. Add salt and pepper and serve with coriander.