Blueberry scones with lemon butter
When I was younger, my mum and I would make these. Now I make them with my four year old daughter. It’s connections like this that keep my passion for food so strong.
4 cups of self raising flour
1 tablespoon icing sugar
60g butter, chopped
11/2 cups milk
3/4 cup water
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
2. Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips.
3. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and add milk and almost all the water.
4. Use a knife to cut through the mixture until soft and sticky.
5. Knead into a large circle that is 2cm thick and transfer onto a baking tray that’s lined with grease proof paper.
6. Press blueberries halfway down evenly on top, brush with milk, sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
7. Put in oven for approx 15mins or until golden brown.
INGREDIENTS - Made in my Thermomix otherwise @donna.hay lemon curd recipe is super easy and yummy!
Juice 1 large lemon
100g caster sugar
Add all the ingredients into the TM bowl and cook for 8 minutes at 80C on speed 3