RECIPE: Beef Stroganoff
500g Beef fillet strips
1 brown onion diced
200g button mushrooms cut in half
1 red capsicum sliced into stips
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
300g sour cream
Garnish: Parsley and shallots
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cook brown rice to serve. I use my #thermomix. In the basket put 300g of rice. fill 900g of water into TM bowl it takes 30 minutes, speed 1-2 on varoma temp.
1. Heat a large heavy-based pan over medium to high heat. Add a little oil. When hot add beef and sear quickly. You don't want to cook the meat too much. Just lightly brown most sides of meat and set aside.
2. In the same pan add a little more olive oil, the onion, mushrooms and capsicum. Soften for 5-7 minutes.
3. On LOW, add the beef strips back in the pan then add the sour cream and dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir, for 4 minutes with a light simmer. Do not cook to long or the cream will separate.
4. Serve with brown rice, parsley and shallots and top with some olive oil.