Baked coconut rice pudding
I love this sort of dessert. Creamy rice pudding with fresh lime and lychee flavours then that little crunch to finish it off. So easy to cook just pop it in the oven!
600ml coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
Zest of one lime
80g of Japanese sweet rice or any other short grain rice
Lychees fresh or in a tin (I used a tin)
Mint to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
3. Pour mixture into a shallow buttered oven proof dish.
4. Sit the oven proof dish into a baking tray and fill halfway with water. (Fill with water when dishes are on oven shelf)
5. Stir after 30 minutes then back in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Garnish with lychees, pistachios and mint.
Note: make sure not to cook longer than needed as it will get too dry. Needs to have that silky creamy consistency. And will thicken up when out of the oven as well.
You can make these in individual ramekins, cooking time is around 1 hour. Will last 3 days in the fridge. Such a yummy and easy dessert to make for the family or dress it up and impress for your next dinner party