breakfast muffins - Gluten, diary + nut free
RECIPE: Acai, banana and blueberry breakfast muffins - gluten free, refined sugar free and nut free.
2 cups gluten free plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 heaped tablespoon of 100% açai powder (100% powder from Aldi)
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 banana’s roughly mashed (save half to slice and put on muffins before they go into oven.)
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 free range eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
Serve with whipped ricotta and a little extra açai powder.
1. Preheat oven to 160C and grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl sift in flour. Add coconut, baking powder, açai powder.
3. In another bowl add mashed banana, honey, vanilla paste, eggs and coconut milk. Mix well to combine. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine.
4. Mix in the melted coconut oil and add the blueberries. Gently fold in and spoon into muffin tray.
5. add a slice of banana on top and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with whipped ricotta and sprinkle extra açai powder.