4 ingredient no bake chocolate tart
Makes an 8 inch round tart
2 X 137 g packs Oreo Cookies (I used chocolate coated digestive biscuits)
150 g unsalted butter, divided
350 g dark chocolate (not bittersweet), roughly chopped
250 ml heavy/thickened cream
Fresh raspberries, to serve
Roasted Hazelnuts (I did shredded coconut), to serve
1. Melt 100 g of butter in short bursts in the microwave (or stove). 2. Process cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
3. Add the melted butter and mix till well blended.
4. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and edges of an 8 inch fluted tart pan with a removable base. Use the back of a spoon (and your fingers where necessary) to evenly spread out into a neat tart crust.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.To make the filling, in a medium saucepan, place the cream and remaining butter (50 g) together and bring to a gentle boil (do not boil). Remove from heat.
6. Add the chopped chocolate and leave aside. After 2-3 minutes, stir mixture gradually till chocolate is fully melted and well blended. If there are still some lumps of chocolate left, place saucepan on low heat again for a few seconds to warm up and stir again.
7. Cool mixture for about 5 minutes. Pour onto the prepared crust.
8. Refrigerate for 6 hours, preferably overnight. Best served chilled with fresh berries.